This Privacy Notice describes how toplineweb.myshopify.com (the “Site” or “we”) collects, uses, and discloses your Personal Information when you visit or make a purchase from the Site. The purpose of this website is to provide customers with a single source to view items in our catalogue. As such, minimal personal data is processed on this website.
After reviewing this policy, if you have additional questions, want more information about our privacy practices, or would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org using the details provided below:
Our business contact details are:
Amalgamated Hardware PLC, Topline Group, Naas Industrial Estate, Naas, Co Kildare, Ireland. Post Code - W91 P228
Company number 39851, Vat No. IE 8Y27528N, Tel: +353 45 907523
Collecting Personal Information
Device information (anonymous)
- Purpose of collection: to load the Site accurately for you, and to perform analytics on Site usage to optimize our Site.
- Source of collection: Collected automatically when you access our Site using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels.
- Personal Information collected: version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with the Site.
- Purpose of collection: To offer customer service and communicate with our customers via a mailing service and/or email and/or chatbot
- Source of collection: From the person themselves
- Personal information collected: Name, Email address, Contact details.
- The Store Locator on the Company Site is a location-based service which utilises Global Positioning System (GPS) technology to show you your nearest Company retail outlet. Upon accessing this page on the Company Site, you will be given the option to provide your permission for the Company Site to learn your geographical location. While this information is not stored by us, Google APIs are used to provide this functionality and their policy's should be consulted with respect of any personal data gathered by them that is not accessible by us.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 16. We do not intentionally collect Personal Information from children. If you are the parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at the address above to request deletion.
We share your Personal Information with service providers to help us provide our services and fulfil our contracts with you, as described above.
- We use third-party service providers on our website including Mailchimp & Tidio
- We recommend that you read the Privacy Policies and Cookie Policies of the services. Where appropriate, we have Data Processing Agreements with clauses included in the terms of services of our chosen providers.
- We use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
- We and/or our third-party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. We use web beacons to learn more about the devices communications subscribers use. We can also track subscribers’ movements from opening the email through to our website. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time.
Analytics and Advertising
We may use your Personal Information for the purposes of analytics to understand how you use or website and any improvements that can be made. We may also provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For example:
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics on our cookie banner and here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Advertising cookies are used to make advertising messages more relevant to a person based on their online use and interactions. You can turn off these cookies in our cookie banner. Even if you turn these off, you may still receive advertisements, they will not be tailored to you.
- We may use third-party apps, tools, widgets and plugins (e.g. Facebook Like button) on our website. These may process personal data when you land on this website. Any personal data is collected directly by the providers of these features and is subject to their privacy policies. We are not responsible for those providers’ information practices.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by selecting the appropriate choice on our cookie banner at any time. Additionally these websites may be useful for you.
- FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- BING - https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads]
Using Personal Information
We use your personal Information to provide our services to you, which includes: offering products for sale and keeping you up to date on new products, services, and offers.
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we process your personal information under the following lawful bases:
- Your consent
- Compliance with our legal obligations
- For our legitimate interests, which do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms.
We strive to protect your personal information, using generally accepted industry standards and trusted third-party service providers. Unfortunately, no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure.
When you subscribe to our mailing list we will retain your Personal Information for our records until you unsubscribe, which you can do so at any time. For more information on your right of erasure, please see the ‘Your rights’ section below.
We do not engage in fully automated decision-making that has a legal or otherwise significant effect using customer data.
Our processor Shopify uses limited automated decision-making to prevent fraud that does not have a legal or otherwise significant effect on you.
Services that include elements of automated decision-making include:
- Temporary blacklist of IP addresses associated with repeated failed transactions. This blacklist persists for a small number of hours.
- Temporary blacklist of credit cards associated with blacklisted IP addresses. This blacklist persists for a small number of days.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you, to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information above.
Your Personal Information will be initially processed in Ireland and then will be transferred outside of Europe for storage and further processing, including to Canada and the United States. For more information on how data transfers comply with the GDPR, see Shopify’s GDPR Whitepaper: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/your-account/privacy/GDPR.
Changes to the Privacy Notice
As noted above, if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail or by mail using the details provided under “Contact” above.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection authority. You can contact your local data protection authority, or our supervisory authority here:
Data Protection Commission
21 Fitzwilliam Square South
Ph: +353 (0)761 104 800
Ph: +353 (0)57 868 4800
You also have the right to a judicial review. Please see www.dataprotection.ie for more information
Last updated: 1st March 2023